DIY High Chair Tutu
I love high chair tutus! They add so much to the feel of a party. I’ve seen very few tutorials out there on high chair tutus but knew I could make one on my own for a fraction of the cost that sellers on etsy have their’s listed for. I can’t believe how easy AND cheap this project was. In the end, I spent less than $10 on this craft and less than an hour as well!
**6 in rolls of tulle (choose your choice of colors but you will need about 60 yards total. I chose 3 colors but you certainly can do more or less) Walmart has a good selection of tulle for $1.79 but Michaels will have more of a variety of tulle for $2.99
**Tape (This is to secure it to your highchair. I have seen it done to use velcro dots, but I like simple so I went with tape. Whichever you prefer though! )
- Grab all your materials.
- Measure your ribbon for how much of your highchair you would like covered. I just wanted the front covered and a little bit on the sides. Add on 3 inches to each side to allow for you to secure it to the highchair. I didn’t do anything fancy here. I just held the ribbon up to the highchair and eye-balled it. 🙂
- Tape the 2 ends to something so you can work. Also, distract your little one with a snack so you can work. 🙂
- Decide how long you want your tulle to fall. I have seen some tutus that touch the floor. That’s up to you! Measure all of your tulle and get to cutting. I like to have them all cut out ahead of time and work all the way through. For my length, I cut each piece at 24 inches because they will be folded over in half so they will be 12 inches long when I’m done and it’s set up.
- Slip knot each piece of tulle around the elastic/ribbon
- Continue this until you reach the end of your ribbon.
- You can simply knot each end or tie a little bow and then tape to your high chair.
- Look at your masterpiece and take lots of pictures of your little one in her adorable tutu!
See! I told you it was simple! 🙂
XOXO One Merry Mama